Cinnamon Apple Crepes

I am a sucker for anything cinnamon flavored, I don't know exactly what it is about it, but everytime I either smell or see cinnamon my mouth drools. Weird, I know.

Where I live there is only one season all year round and that is summer, it sounds cool since you can enjoy a good splash in the pool whenever you'd like, but it gets boring, trust me. The heat and the sweat will drive you nuts. Seeing people in other countries slowly starting to enjoy autumn makes me extremely jealous, because while I'm here sitting on my bed with the AC turned on as high as possible, I wish I could go outside and not feel like my skin is starting to fry. Everyone here knows there are not enough shorts and sleeveless shirts for this weather. Anyways, cinnamon makes me think of autumn, falling leaves and, the unbelievable smell of pie. The thing is, ain't nobody got time for pie in this heat so I'd thought I'd make a nice little breakfast recipe. It's so easy and the ingredients you can find anywhere, I swear it can be made in 30 minutes without any hassle. 


Crepe batter
I am extremely lazy and also I cannot go into the kitchen without either slicing a finger or burning myself, so everything I do is pretty much the easiest things ever! I have yet to find a good crepe recipe since the ones I've tried in the past have resulted in really ugly looking inedible kind of pancakes.
For this recipe I used a store bought pancake batter (I promise I will learn how to make it at home and show you). I used a half a cup of pancake batter, half a tablespoon of oil and half a cup of milk. Mix it all together and there you go! Easy crepe batter. Can't get any easier, huh? Well the next step is pretty simple, you grease a pan, pour in the batter in small portions so its thin; thirty seconds in one side, and twenty in the other. Not that hard and if I can do it, I'm sure anyone can.

Cinnamon Apple Syrup
The best thing about crepes are the filling, usually I go for a spoon full of nutella but since I'm craving cinnamon I have another idea in mind. Delicious cinnamon syrup with pieces of apple, yum!

And the things you will need are:
1 apple cut up into little cubes, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon , 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract

To make the syrup, it's really simple. Take a little saucepan on low heat and throw all the ingredients in. Mix it every 2 minutes or so until bubbly, and that's when you know its done.


Once done, it's pretty self explanatory what you have to do: DEVOUR THE BEAST! Enjoy it, savor it and do it all over again, that's what I did. Well, I hope you enjoyed this little recipe I put together to fulfill my wishes of having an apple pie. 


Valeria <3




Comments

Popular Posts