Mango Lassi

Saying summer is just around the corner is an understatement, because I have never experienced so much heat in my life. It's been so hot I feel no need to step out the door, instead I just wish to stay home in my room, windows closed and air conditioning on. But a girl can't stay locked up forever without going absolutely bonkers, so I've decided to try out a new recipe I saw online the other day to freshen those hot summery days and gave it my own little twist. I did a little research to explain where this whole drink comes from. 
The first smoothie wasn't actually called a smoothie, it was called a lassi and it consisted of a whole milk/yogurt mixture, flavored with the finest fruits and spices, it's an authentic Indian drink, it is actually known for its sweet yet savory taste. The mango lassi on the other hand was actually invented in America! Making this drink is possibly the easiest think you will ever do.



Things you'll need:
  • 2 cups diced peeled mango
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup ok plain yogurt
  • 4 tsp brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cardamom * (optional)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • ice

Making this lassi is as easy as one, two, three! Put all the ingredients in a blender, pour it in a cup and now there's nothing more than to enjoy your drink. Cardamom is an Indian spice, it has a very strong and unique taste. It is not very intense but it does have sort of like a smokey and minty kind of taste, its actually very tasty, but if you're not so fond of strong spices or can't find cardamom where you live you can definitely leave it out. The reason I put it in, it's because it gives you more of a traditional Indian lassi flavor.

I hope you enjoy this recipe and try it out!

Valeria <3


Comments

Popular Posts