22

"The biggest difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself" 
-Maya Angelou

Nine days ago I turned 22, feeling anxious and excited with emotions I finally got the courage to sit down and share to you what it is like to be 22 on my 9th semester of university and trying to accomplish my life goals, while having to deal with the abnormalities and bumps life has for me.
The past few years, since I started my undergraduate degree, I've been going through a rollercoaster of emotions, dealing with my hormonal teenage self to finally growing up and overcoming my insecurities.

Growing up I've had major insecurities about even the smallest aspects of my life, it sucked, it drew me down a path I intend on never having to go through again. But, the best part about growing up is figuring out what you want to do with your life and having the courage to achieve the goals you set for yourself. It may be hard, it may take time and a shit load of patience, but when you are comfortable in your skin and driven with a positive attitude, you can make anything happen. 

23.08.2016
I woke up with an amazing adrenaline rush that stung my spine and from that moment on I knew. I wanted it to be the best day ever. As the day went on, I would visualize myself and all of the things that I want to be doing a year from now:
  • Enjoy my last year of university
  • Graduate
  • Travel to a foreign land
  • Design with love
  • Meet beautiful souls
As I think about all my ambitions and endeavours, I made myself a promise to not give up, no matter how tough the road gets. 




May this year take me to adventures I don't wish to return from.

Valeria <3

Comments

Popular Posts